The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining methods, operation sequence and processes in the fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies, and final assemblies. The Manufacturing Engineer will interface with the Design Engineering team in coordinating the release of new products and cost reduction projects. Additionally, will interface with the Production Floor, Quality Assurance, Service, Purchasing, Planning, Cost Accounting, Suppliers, Contract Manufacturers and Customers to resolve technical and procedural issues.
- Collaborate with R&D to support new product introduction, cost reduction, and sustaining projects.
- Perform root cause analysis on field return units and define rework instructions to repair units. Trend failures and implement preventive/corrective actions. Provide feedbacks to Customer Service team.
- Review and initiate Engineering Change Requests to justify/document all changes to bills of materials, production processes, tools or parts as required.
- Train production personnel and create clear manufacturing and quality instruction procedures for production tasks.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve product realization line problems in a timely manner per the production and quality plans.
- Implements lean six sigma manufacturing techniques to increase productivity, reduce waste and improve product quality.
- Maintains records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing and quality control operations.
- Works with purchasing and design engineering to optimize supplier relationships. Resolves issues with suppliers to ensure timely availability of quality parts.
- Assists quality and purchasing in supplier audits and quarterly supplier reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, industrial engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Minimum three years’ experience as a manufacturing engineer.
- Working knowledge of software-driven electro-mechanical/electro-optical systems in a high-tech environment. Medical manufacturing experience a plus
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and cost reduction techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with CAD systems (Creo preferred).
- Experience using Microsoft Office, Oracle and Windchill
- Familiar with regulatory agencies: FDA’s (cGMP/QSR) and ISO 9001 / ISO13485.
- Experience in project management a plus